Too much information, too little time? With so much online information, it’s difficult to know what is worth following. I found some interesting ideas in Mike Byrnes and Kevin Feehily’s top 10 list of the best websites for financial advisors:
- Nerd’s Eye View Blog – Michael Kitces provides his commentary on financial news and development and a Friday weekend reading list.
- FPPad – Bill Winterberg focuses on how advisors can use technology better, including how-to videos.
- The IN Tech blog – Dave Janowski previews new technology that impacts financial advisors.
- Investment Writing Blog – Susan Weiner offers advice on how to be a better writer and improve client communication.
- Financial Planning Association Practice Management Blog – Advisors share their practice management tips and techniques for building a successful financial planning business.
- Advisor Perspectives – Fund companies and independent research firms offer market, economy and investment strategy advice.
- Advisors4Advisors – This website features daily investing, technology, and industry news.
- Abnormal Returns – Described as a “forecast free investment blog,” this website provides a chart of the day with links to stories web about markets, strategy, and finance.
- Wealth Manager Blog – From the Wealth Management editors at the Wall Street Journal, this blog collects articles and videos of interest from around the web.
- SEO4Advisors – Brien Shanahan provides search engine optimization advice specific to financial advisors, so you can be found online.
I would add:
- FIGuide – the blog from the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors.
PortfolioCenter Users should follow these:
- The PortfolioCenter Expert Blog – Yes, my blog and the only blog written by a PortfolioCenter user for PortfolioCenter users.
- Schwab Performance Technologies (SPT) Client Resources – is the place to find PortfolioCenter upgrade information and enhancements.
- SPT Corporate Actions – is the place to learn how to handle splits, mergers and spinoffs in PortfolioCenter
- SPT Video Training Library – is the place learn to use the features of PortfolioCenter (see also Client News & Resources)
- SPT Product Suggestions – Make your voice heard. The friendly folks at SPT really do listen! Several of my product suggestions are now features in the program.
Need help collecting information:
- How to Add RSS Feeds to Outlook 2013
- The Best Free RSS Readers for Keeping Up with Your Favorite Websites
- Why Google Reader Died: 4 Alternatives to RSS Readers
Top Ten Amusements photo taken by simlp.co.uk and used here under Flickr Creative Commons.