With the marriage of TD Ameritrade and Scottrade, you need to update your Scottrade accounts in PortfolioCenter to the new Ameritrade account numbers February 26, 2018. The quickest method to accomplish this update is using the Data Manager and the account map Scottrade provides.
Steps to update PortfolioCenter
- Download, post and reconcile all your Scottrade data.
- Back up your PortfolioCenter database just in case something goes wrong.
- Create a set of all your Scottrade accounts if you don’t already have one.
- In the Database Manager, use the View Wizard to create a view of your Scottrade accounts.
- Edit that view so it contains only the columns: Portfolio Description, Account Type, Account Number.
- Export this view to an excel spreadsheet.
- Logon to the Scottrade Advisor Services platform and retrieve the new account numbers by going to the Clients menu, selecting Clients and then Clients again.
- Export the account information to a CSV file by clicking on the blue export button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Open the excel spreadsheet you exported from PortfolioCenter and update the spreadsheet to the new account numbers using the CSV downloaded from Scottrade.
- Finally, update PortfolioCenter by importing your updated spreadsheet into the Data Manager view of your Scottrade accounts.
Helpful Schwab Documentation
Schwab does not have a single piece of documenation that will explain all the steps above, but here are some that you may find useful if you’re new to these features of PortfolioCenter.
- Backing Up your PortfolioCenter Database (SPT010022.pdf)
- Introducing the Data Manager (SPT010379.pdf)
- Working with Smart Sets (SPT012474.pdf)
- Working with Views in PortfolioCenter (SPT012473.pdf)
- Using Views to Analyze and Edit Data (SPT010450.pdf)
- Updating Security Details Using a Spreadsheet (SPT012552.pdf) NOTE: This is for the Securities Data Manager, the process is the same for the PortfolioData Manager. I couldn’t find documentation for it.
To search for additional documentation, go to Client Resources and search for the document name or key words.
Here is the transition timeline according to Scottrade.
Thursday, February 22, 2018
- A cross-reference file will be delivered to third-party portfolio management system providers via their existing TD Ameritrade Institutional SFTP connection, which will include the TD Ameritrade Institutional Rep Code and both the Scottrade and TD Ameritrade Institutional account numbers.
- The file will be available for download on Veo® and Veo One® on February 25 and the same information is available from the Scottrade Advisor Services platform by going to the Clients menu, selecting Clients and then Clients again.
- This information is exportable to a CSV file by clicking on the blue export button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Sunday, February 25, 2018
- By this date, ensure your portfolio management system is properly configured to receive data from TD Ameritrade Institutional using the TD Ameritrade Institutional 9-digit account number.
- Third-party portfolio management system providers will receive a full conversion data set for the transitioning accounts, which will include transactions, positions, demographic information, pricing and an initialization file.
Monday, February 26, 2018
- All Scottrade accounts and transactions will be included in the portfolio management files posted to Veo, Veo One or SFTP from TD Ameritrade Institutional.